Food Analysis and Research Laboratory (FARL), a part of Centre of Food Technology, Institute of Professional Studies of Allahabad University is a laboratory having testing facilities for food and water. It provides reliable and accurate analytical services to the Food Business Operators, Government Agencies, Packers, Institutions ,Consumers etc. Our Services are used for the Food Business Operators who wish to establish their food business after registration or licensing.
It also provides Research and Development Services and Consultancy for Food Safety issues to our valued customers.
It caters to domestic as well as international stakeholders in Food Business to ensure the food safety as per the requirements of Food Safety and Standard Rules,2011,under the control of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) , an agency of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
It has been set up with the financial assistance of Ministry of Food Processing and Industries. The Centre of Food Technology is a centre under the Institute of Professional Studies established in the year 2000 by the University of Allahabad.The Central status to the University of Allahabad was restored by the Central University Act 2005.
The scope of FARL includes chemical and biological testing of food and water.
The prominent features of FARL
- Air conditioned areas equipped with adequate electricity facility for conducting sensitive tests
- Temperature and humidity controlled laboratory with an expanded floor area.
- Independent sections for Chemical, Biological and Instrumental Analysis.
- Segregated lab areas for different applications to avoid cross contamination
- Computerized documentation facilities.
- UPS and power generators for equipments.
- A fully furnished library for reference regarding standards and methods books and periodicals.
- Fully-equipped conference hall for conferencing and training.
- Scope for research and development activities
- Laboratory premises secured by security staff round the clock